Saturday, December 3, 2011

Hired!

It's been four long years. but we've finally made it! Two weeks ago Chris got the call we've been waiting for from the City of Mesa Fire Department. This was the department Chris wanted to get on with, so we pretty much thought it was a pipe dream. As long as everything goes well with his physical next week, the academy starts in March!

We went to Houston's with my parents to celebrate. Unfortunately Chris was at work when he got the call so it was a little anti-climactic. Chris was speechless on the phone when the chief called him, which was funny because the chief had to double-check that Chris was still interested when Chris didn't reply. And when Chris called me, all I could do was sit down where I was standing on the stairs and bawl. I needed to celebrate somehow even though Chris wasn't home, so I took the girls to Costco and bought them each a firefighter Lalaloopsy doll.


3 comments:

Jessie said...

Hooray! Hooray! I'm tearing up reading about the news again!

Summer said...

Congratulations! That is awesome! It is nice to finally be doing what you WANT to do!

Stacie Aho said...

How wonderful!!!! That is awesome. Congrats you guys. :)