Saturday, December 3, 2011

Camping

A couple of months ago we went camping with Chris's family around the Forest Lakes area. We had a great time. We went right around the time Penny was learning to walk, so she was mostly rolling in the dirt for three days. And out of all the kids there, I think Claire won the award for the most constantly dirty face.





We drove down to a little spot that was a dry riverbed that had a couple of rope swings. Molly got really good at crossing the river bed, but Claire was the champion on the rope swing. I wish I had gotten a picture, but it was really high and she was swinging just as high as the bigger kids.


We played in this stream for a while, which is where I got giardia. Lucky for me it went undiagnosed for two months, so things were pretty miserable at our house for a while after the camping trip!





Chris's sister Cadie rented a trailer so the girls got to have a slumber party. I think they were pretty happy to be out of the tent for a night.


I realized we had a picture of Claire in the same outfit from a camping trip two years ago, so I couldn't help myself but recreate it with Penny. It's almost impossible to tell the difference, but Claire is the top picture. Crazy!



Penny definitely gave Claire a run for her money for the most dirty award.

0 comments: