Sunday, June 26, 2011

Swimming Lessons

This year we decided to try a new teacher for the girl's swimming lessons. We loved her! This is Claire's third year of swimming lessons, but she still struggled for the first couple of weeks. One day when Chris took her to lessons he sent me this picture, and it was the first time she had voluntarily gone under water. After that, she was a new woman and she hasn't looked back. I don't know what made it click, but I'm really glad because we have a lot more fun swimming now! Molly has been in a strokes class this year and loves it. I think she can do the butterfly better than I can! We took a shot at swim team with Molly this year but only lasted two days. She was feeling pretty nervous going into it, then when we got there it was chaotic and the water was ice cold. We had been swimming in cold pools before, but I think the combination of the stress and the cold water was enough to freak her out. She swam for about 15 minutes, but as soon as she caight my eye she ran over to me crying. We just watched for the rest of the lesson, then Chris tried to take her the next day and she threw a fit and said she wasn't getting anywhere near the water. That's when we called it quits!

1 comments:

Eric and Alexis Beus said...

Cute graduations! And way to go Claire for conquering the water! :)