Friday, June 17, 2011

The Sailboat Ride

My dad bought a sailboat a few months ago and we thought it would be really fun to take the girls sailing. It was actually a nightmare! It was a particularly windy day, so the boat was pretty wild, but I think even if there hadn't been any wind they still would have flipped out. Almost from the moment they stepped foot on the boat they were both screaming to get out. I made them take a lap around the lake then they couldn't get back to the dock fast enough. The complaints were that the boat was "too tippy" and they wanted a boat that had "taller sides." I keep hoping that this experience will encourage my dad to get another ski boat, but so far it hasn't worked.




It's hard to tell but in this picture they just barely stepped on the boat and are screaming at me to get back out.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

How fun! Too bad the girls didn't like it. What lake are you on?

KBarkley29 said...

I remember doing that when I was little. If the boat hit a wave and bounced, I would start crying and fall to the bottom of the boat. I think it would have been worse in a boat without a motor.

Summer said...

Hopefully they will be like their mom and love the lake one day...I remember all of our fun wakeboarding trips. Those were the days!