Sunday, February 20, 2011

Christmas

This year for Christmas Molly and Claire both asked Santa for Rapunzel bikes. I know that's pretty specific, but I found two awesome Rapunzel bikes for a great price, and I love that they are at the age where they are so open to suggestion. Once I said "Wouldn't it be awesome if Santa could make Rapunzel bikes?" they were totally in. These are their letters to Santa this year. Molly's says "Dear Santa, I want a Rapunzel bike. Thank you, Molly." Not sure what Claire's says.



Last year after Christmas I bought a train on clearance. It's awesome! We always grew up with a Christmas train so it's very nostalgic for me. Unfortunately the spot for our tree is tiny so we had to improvise and include the TV stand in our train track. It didn't work great, and eventually we moved the train to circle around Penny's Jumperoo. Not nearly as festive, but at least it fit.


This year Molly got to be Mary in her preschool nativity. She was so excited about it. And who was Joseph? The one and only Gunnar, the little boy that gave Molly a bear last year and is completely in love with her. I can't imagine that the preschool teacher is pushing the romance, but it does seem fishy.






This year's Christmas dresses.


The 23rd and 24th we spent at my parent's cabin. We had a great time, as usual. Luckily my sister Sarah had this awesome bear suit to lend us otherwise Penny would have been miserable.


Now that my dad has a sled the sliding-down-the-stairs game has become a little more (and slightly more dangerous).


My dad is building a train track in the backyard for this awesome push car. Even only a third of the way done the kids love it! And they can both push it by themselves now, which is so much better than when I had to bend over and push them around.



We watched Polar Express and had treats and hot chocolate.




There wasn't any snow at the cabin so we found some on the drive home. Fifteen minutes in the snow was about all I could handle!



My sister Jessie made this awesome hat for Penny.





Christmas morning!




Claire was unwrapping one of her presents and we found this scorpion hiding in the wrapping. Luckily I got it away from her before he stung, but he was alive and well and mad that he had been harassed.


My mom got Molly and Claire these awesome dress-ups for Christmas. Molly had been coveting this "Winter Belle" costume at the Disney store for quite some time, and Claire makes a darling Rapunzel.



I took the kids to the dollar store to buy presents for their siblings, dad, and grandparents. They picked out these killer teeth for my dad.


Penny got a Belle teacart, which Molly and Claire are getting plenty of use out of.



They picked out sparkly glasses for my mom and mother-in-law Kathy. They picked out sparkly silly puddy for my father-in-law Larry, and as soon as he opened it Claire asked "You're going to share that with us, right Papa?"


My in-laws got the girls this amazing dollhouse, and more impressive was that it was wrapped!

0 comments: