Sunday, August 1, 2010

Penny

Penny Elizabeth finally decided to arrive July 16th, 8:57 pm. Eight days late! She was 7 lbs. 6 oz. and 19 1/2 inches long.


We had Penny at home in a birthing tub. When we blew it up the kids thought it was a playground until they got kicked out to stay with Papa for the night.


Some pictures from the labor. I like the first one because I don't remember doing much smiling but this proves that I did, the second one is a little more accurate of things getting more serious (luckily Jessie didn't get any pictures near the end, those would have been frightening), and the third one captures my feelings at that moment exactly: I was so glad it was over!




The beautiful newborn!





Taking her first bath in the bathroom sink.


I know this seems a little strange, but to weigh her my midwife tucked her inside this blankie and hook it up to a fish scale. A little funky but accurate!


Molly and Claire came home for a few hours the next morning to visit. They absolutely adore her, sometimes a little too much!



These pictures are all a little more recent. She's two weeks old now and starting to look more like herself and less like a newborn every day.



Sarah and I tried to take pictures for an announcement but she was awake and not too cooperative. She didn't cry, she just wiggled non-stop.



I don't know if this picture does them justice, but her feet are like little planks! They're long and narrow with super long toes.

5 comments:

Stacie Aho said...

So so sweet! I love all those pictures. If you get around to writing your birth story, I would love to see it! I think it's awesome you had her in the tub, and so cool that Chris got in with you! Go you guys! Are you happy you did it at home? Congrats!

KBarkley29 said...

She is so beautiful! Glad everything went well.
Precious little ones.

zoe said...

hey lauren

I wish I was brave enough to have a baby at home! So much better than a hospital!
I don't know if i've commented before, but i love your blog. I'm totally gonna have to copy the "deep thoughts" section.
miss you babe!
zoe

Jessie said...

Penny is getting so beautiful. I need to see her now that she is getting her own look.

Thank goodness I got Molly and Claire all spiffed up to meet their new sister. I knew photos would be involved. I made fun for mom for several minutes for proposing to send them in their jammies!

By the way, who knitted that terrific hat? :)

Sarah said...

she's so pretty. More pics please!