Sunday, August 1, 2010

Crafts

For the past year I've been taking classes online to finish up prerequisites for the nursing program. I did all my schoolwork in the evening when the kids went to bed, which left no time for me to do anything fun. I finished my classes about two months before the baby was born and spent my new-found evening personal time on a serious crafting kick. Here are some of the major projects:

New skirts for the girls



A carseat canopy for Penny


A quilt and matching throw pillows. I started this quilt about two years ago when Chris's aunt Sally was in town to help and just now got around to finishing it. There are lots of things I would do differently with it in hindsight, but mostly I'm just glad it's done!




Fourth of July shirts and bows for the kids

3 comments:

Stacie Aho said...

That is a lot to get done in two months!! You are seriously talented.

Tyler and Natalie Broby said...

Your crafts are so darling! I have taken a liking to sewing too, but unfortunately don't have much time either. Some day.

Jessie said...

The shirts turned out awesome! I don't think I got a chance to see them when I was there. I'm so glad you are sewing, maybe it will rub off on me!!