Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Funny Molly Day

Yesterday Molly and I had a couple of funny conversations. First, she was about 45 minutes into her nap when she woke up crying. I went in there and spent quite a bit of time calming her down before I could understand what the problem was. When she was able to talk she said "The alligator! He was trying to chomp me!" The poor thing! I don't think she even knows what a real alligator looks like, in fact I think the only thing she knows about an alligator is that he says chomp and we clap our outstretched hands together to make him say chomp. Who knew I'd be creating an image bad enough to give her nightmares?

The second funny thing happened while we were walking through Target, looking through the "Halloweens" as she calls them. We have to walk down each aisle and press every possible button to make the ghouls scream, shake, or whatever else they do. When we were walking away from the Halloweens she sighed and said "I wish I was a pumpkin." I asked her to repeat herself to make sure I heard correctly, and affirmative, she definitely wishes she could be a pumpkin. I'm pretty sure she didn't mean "dress up" like a pumpkin either, she wants to actually be a pumpkin. I think the Halloween obsession has just reached new heights, though I can't blame the girl, I think Halloween is the most fun holiday too. As a side note, we carved our pumpkin the other night and Molly cleverly named him "Jack O' Name."

1 comments:

Stacie Aho said...

She is funny!! I love the innocence of little kids, and their crazy wishes- like wanting to be a pumpkin.