Sunday, October 17, 2010

Soccer Update

It took four games, but we finally have success! The second soccer game Molly wouldn't play the first half, then she agreed to play the second half as long as I was holding her hand playing with her. I also promised her a pair of soccer cleats if she played; I noticed her interest in another girl's "spiky" shoes and I took advantage. The third game she held Chris's hand for the first half, then agreed to try playing without holding his hand, but still having him on the field, with the promise of a McDonald's ice cream cone if she tried. Then by game four she was finally ready to strike out on her own. She did great! She had a few really good kicks, and came very close to scoring a goal. The coach also told me that she is very fast for her age, which I believe because I have to work pretty hard to beat her at a foot race these days (not sure if that speaks highly of Molly or poorly of me. Probably both.).

0 comments: