Sunday, October 17, 2010

Penny's Blessing

We blessed Penny last Sunday, October 10th. As usual, we didn't get hardly any pictures of the day, but we got a few getting ready and Penny got portraits in her dress. Her headband actually started out as a bonnet. It was enormous, so I butchered it to make the headband. It was very difficult for me to chop up the bonnet because it was so beautiful, but it really was totally unusable.

These first portraits I didn't order but they gave to me for free because they had overcharged me. After seeing this first picture the photographer actually told me it was time for a manicure! She was right, but still...





I actually ordered these ones, although I didn't love how any of them turned out. But you get what you pay for at the Target Portrait Studio!




The night before the blessing I put the girls' hair in sponge curlers. Molly has used them before and done fine, but I was a little nervous about Claire. She can be pretty feisty and I thought for sure she would have them all pulled out as soon as she got in her bed. But I was happy to be wrong when she woke up in the morning, all curlers in tact.



Trying to keep busy waiting for our 2:30 Sacrament meeting.


Fresh out of the tub!


Chris's parents were generous enough to let us have dinner at their house after the blessing. Our little house couldn't accommodate all the family we were lucky enough to have attend.


I took Penny back to the bedroom to feed her, and she was so happy to have a break from the chaos!

3 comments:

Jessie said...

Wow, everyone looks so beautiful in these photos! I swear Penny is a different kid, so looks totally enormous. The blessing dress is stunning, and I'm crazy about the yellow skirt- I hadn't seen it before. Quite a successful day of photos!

Stacie Aho said...

Her dress is beautiful!! I love that Penny's "after outfit" matches her sisters. 3 girls looks so fun!!

Sarah said...

Penny looks so cute! What an amazing dress. I love that you said, "You get what you pay for at Target Studios." Hilarious!