Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Fourth of July

This year we went up to my parent's cabin for the Fourth of July. We could only get away for the day, but it was definitely worth it!


I don't know if you can get the full effect of the size of Molly's bow, but it's monstrous. I'm so lucky that Sarah lives around the corner to assist me with all of my giant-bow making needs!



The weather was perfect! We spent most of the day outside, a considerable amount just on the deck to the back of the house.


We went for a walk and Eve and Claire got to ride in the jogging stroller. For the most part they did fine; there was only minimal hair-pulling and face-grabbing.


Claire found someone's stray plate of watermelon and helped herself. But I especially love this picture because you really get a feel for how redneck her mullet has gotten.


In the kitchen there's an awesome cupboard that goes through to another cupboard door on the other side. The kids love it and I can't blame then, I want to play in it too!


Sarah brought glow bracelets from the dollar store to keep the kids occupied while waiting for the fireworks.



Fireworks! Molly loved them, but Claire only loved them for about 5 five seconds before she was off again, trying her hardest to lose whatever adult was behind her chasing her down.


3 comments:

Stacie Aho said...

Looks like a blast! How nice you guys have that cabin to escape the heat :)

Jessie said...

How fun!!! Wish we were there!

That was Amelia's dress that Claire was wearing! It looks great on her, perfect for the holiday. I think Amelia wore it to Mike's graduation in VA!

Sarah said...

Great pics!