Thursday, July 16, 2009

Captain Roberts and the Captains Black

My dad's fondest dream has finally come true: his living room has become the helm of a ship. The kids love it. My dad has been a collector of nautical antiques for some time, but he was finally able to put all the pieces together with the purchase of a genuine ship's wheel. Just don't ask my mom how she feels about it.

Here are the captains steering the ship out of stormy weather and checking the horizon for signs of pirates, whales, and other creatures that might cross their path. Not pictured is cannons firing when any of these things got too close to the ship.




2 comments:

Stacie Aho said...

Wow! That is so great. I rememeber playing with one of those things (the name I have no idea) every time I came to your house.

Holly said...

I am happy to see Randy finally acquired a ship's wheel. Now he needs a ship to put all his treasures in. It looks like the kids are loving it.