Friday, April 24, 2009

My Frightening Past

The other day my sister Sarah handed me a large folder of letters that I had written her while she was on her mission. I just finished reading through them, and I was pretty embarrassed for myself. I was 20 at the time, livin' it up in the single life. 90% of the letters were about boys, with 10% left to talk about roommates, food, religion, school, and asking Sarah about how she was doing. It really showed what my priorities were then. I have to share a couple of really bad ones about food. I knew I had a sugar obsession, but I forgot it was this bad:

"Lizzie and I have been doing Tae Bo every day. This has been going on since January and I haven't seen ANY difference. Maybe it's because I've been doing things like eating brown sugar sandwiches, but I'd rather think that's not the problem. But now I'm running a couple miles in the morning and doing Tae Bo at night so maybe that'll be what I need."

Or maybe no more brown sugar sandwiches would do the trick. Another doozy:

"Someone in the house is being a serious food-stealer: they ate Sarah's cereal, my cereal, and my Circus Animal cookies, which really bums me out because they were spring time Circus Animals that had yellow and green in there too, and I only got to eat one yellow and not even one green. I finally got so desperate for sugar that I put frosting on a banana and ate it. It really wasn't all that bad."

Was I frightening or what?

7 comments:

Sarah said...

Those were my 2 favorites too!

Jessie said...

That post made my day. I'm crying!

sisters-hartstrings said...

I'm still laughing too. Hilarious.

The Brosemann Clan said...

haha! that is soooo awesome. you are hilarious.

Holly said...

That's funny...I have always had a serious sweet tooth myself unfortunately. Maybe I'll have to try the frosting on a banana thing.

Erin Nicole said...

That's great! I feel the same way girl.. minus the fact that I didn't wrie down any of my evidence to prove I was a total disaster too.. Don't feel bad. :)

Lizzie said...

I'm so glad I checked your blog tonight for updates. I vividly remember catching you in the act. You told me you started out making a peice of cinnamon toast, but since there was no cinnamon, it turned into a brown sugar sandwich. Oh, the good ol' days!