Sunday, February 22, 2009

Farewell Old Friends...

Our house is finally free of the bird couches! I imagine many of you on my dad's side of the family will recognize these couches; I think they were first purchased circa 1970 by my dad's brother's mother-in-law, and they've been circulating in the family ever since. I'm not sure how many owners there have been before us, but it's a few. They have served us well, but it was pretty embarrassing whenever anyone came over and had to sit on them. The new couches are definitely not too exciting, but they were a great deal and will be good while we have little kids barfing and spilling on them. Plus, the chaise is awesome!


5 comments:

Jessie said...

Wow! As a previous owner of the Birds, I would like to wish them a fond "adieu" via comment. You've served us well, old friends. You've served us well.

Also, the new couches look awesome! Can't wait to lounge on them in person.

Stacie Aho said...

So who got them this time? Haha... I love the new couches.

Lauren said...

Sadly, they've now left the family. Someone actually bought them off of Craig's List for $120!

Tyler and Natalie Broby said...

The new couches look great!

Holly said...

Hey, I remember those couches too! Didn't they live with Grandma Char for awhile? They really weren't too bad but your new couches look awesome.