Monday, May 26, 2008

Finally French Braids!

I have been waiting for Molly's hair to be long enough for French Braids since the day she was born. I think I've been so excited about it because that's how my mom fixed my hair nearly every day when I was little. Before school every day my mom would line me and my sisters up for the morning braids; the only decision we got to make is how many braids we wanted (I opted for three one morning-I'm sure if you can picture that look in your mind you can understand why I never asked for three again). Molly seems to be almost as excited about the new hairstyle as I am, although it's probably because I gush over how beautiful she looks after it's done. She's a real trooper to sit on the bathroom counter for ten minutes while I braid, and the funny thing is she says "ow, hurts" in a very monotone voice about every ten seconds. I think she knows that it doesn't really matter if she says it hurts because we're going to press on anyway, so she doesn't bother putting much effort into it. Isn't that cruel?


6 comments:

Sarah said...

She sure looks pretty, and what a cute dress! Incidentally, I remember the ever-stylish side pony-tail being an option also. It gave killer headaches by the time you got home from school!

Jessie said...

I believe I chose the side pony way too many times. Those braids look beautiful. BTW- how did yuo get so good at it? I can't do french braids at all, but that doesn't really matter since Amelia will probably never have them.

Jenny said...

So cute! I love them, I really don't know how to french braid, but Olivia too knows that her hair needs to be done and if she wiggles out of place, she'll get pulled by her hair back to where she needs to be. By the way, is that a picture of you and chris on the tv in the last pic?

Lauren said...

That is a picture of us on the tv; I took the braids pictures on Mother's Day and Chris had made me a Mother's Day photo story that we had just finished watching.

Anonymous said...

Hey, what do you mean "nearly" everyday? The only time we didn't do hair was if you guys weren't going to step foot out of the house. Do you remember how long it took your hair to dry? Also, the side pony was an option (Jessie did use it too often) as was the quail bob the double ponys and the Cindy Brady braids. I'm sure you remember what a good morning it was when nobody got thumped on the head with the comb. Ahhhhhh the memories.

derrick said...

That is so funny! When I was little I always wanted two braids just like Laura on Little House and the Prairie.