Monday, January 7, 2008

First Time Out

Chris and I decided that we needed to start getting Molly used to time outs because they were probably going to become a little more necessary once Claire is born. She wasted no time giving me an opportunity the other night when she started dumping her vegetables on the floor at dinner time, which she is perfectly aware is not allowed. A gave her a warning, then she did it again and we had a time out on the tile by the front door. I explained the rules of time out and she didn't move a muscle for the 1 1/2 minutes she had to sit there. I kept waiting for some fussing or movement or something, but she was completely frozen. After it was over I talked to her about what had happened and she had the saddest look on her face and her lip was quivering, like she was about to cry any minute. I felt so bad that I had hurt her feelings, but apparently the time outs are going to be quite effective for her. I'll be curious to see if she will always act like that for time out or if she will start screaming once she gets used to the idea...

1 comments:

Carlie said...

that is funny-yet sad at the same time. I can just picture her now with her sad face and lip quivering and all. Glad that she responded well to the time outs. she is such a sweet little girl.