Sunday, January 20, 2008

Big Girl Bed

We've finally done it, Molly has moved out of the crib and in to her bed! I was a little worried about it because I've heard so many horror stories and because she's in such a huge bed, but she's done great! She's never had trouble at night time (she doesn't get out of her bed at all) and she tested the waters the first two days at nap time, but hasn't gotten out again (so far) after some serious talks about staying in the bed. The first day she got out of bed I could hear her playing with her toy kitchen (or "chicken" as she calls it) Kathy gave her for Christmas, so I went back and opened the door. As soon as she saw me she said "Whoops!" because she knew she wasn't supposed to be out. I had to turn around and laugh for a few seconds before I could compose myself and get serious with her. I attached some pictures of her new room because she has the most spectacular furniture. I got the whole set (bed, dresser, night stand, and chair) for $200 on Ebay! You can't tell too well from the pictures, but there are flowers carved into the head board and the drawer pulls on the dresser and nightstand are carved leaves. The drapes and bedspread didn't turn out nearly as well as I had hoped, but I guess when I sew few things do...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Her room is so cute! Go Molly for being such a big girl! I need you to teach me some sewing basics; I just got my first machine, but don't know much about it!

Sarah said...

Your picture frames turned out really cute! I hope you're happy with them. Her room is beautiful!

Erin said...

Very cute room! That is an amazing kitchen set.

Jenny said...

Oh, Lauren I'm so jealous that Molly so good for you in her big girl bed! (and really happy for you too!) Olivia is still getting up in the middle of the night! Her room looks so cute!