Thursday, April 1, 2010

A Month of Birthday Celebrations

This year we didn't do a big birthday party for the girls so we had many mini-parties. The celebration kicked off with Claire's actual birthday. She got this door from Chris and I, which I know might be a little immature for her, but the kids adore it. Next up was Krispy Kreme, which has unfortunately become a birthday tradition, especially since we found out about the free dozen on your birthday. Then we made our way to the train park, where Claire ended up shoeless since somehow only one of her shoes made it into the car. We rounded out the day with cream-filled chocolate cupcakes.






Next up was a Sunday dinner celebration combined with Chris's mom. My sister-in-law Carlie made the kids cakes, which they loved. They got some great presents, especially the awesome tutus from my mother-in-law. For the record, I really dislike Sponge Bob but the only hats they had left at Walmart were Sponge Bob or Transformers so it was the best we could do.








The third party was combined with the kid's cousin Max, who also has a birthday in March. We started off at Chuck-E-Cheese then when back to Sarah's house for some cake and higher-quality pizza from Barro's instead of having to eat the cardboard served at Chuck-E-Cheese.






The last party of the month was Molly's birthday day. She got an easel for her birthday from us, and since it was a preschool day Chris picked up Krispy Kreme and brought it home instead of eating it there. I made some scrambled eggs to go with it so I could feel a little better about myself, but out of the four of us I was the only one who even touched mine. Oh well, I tried. After preschool we went to the Mesquite Groves pool in Chandler. I gave her a few different options of things we could do to celebrate her birthday, but as soon as I mentioned the pool she said "I've been DREAMING of going to that pool!" She didn't miss a beat from where her swimming left off last year; she was swimming like crazy and doing tricks off the diving board. For her birthday treat I made mini raspberry cheesecakes, which she told me she wanted when I showed her a picture of them. Unfortunately when it came time to eat them she scraped off the cheesecake part and just ate the crust.


3 comments:

Stacie Aho said...

Great pictures! Happy Birthday Mollie and Claire! I can't believe how long Mollie's hair has gotten!

Jessie said...

You guys really know how to do it right! Amelia NEEDS one of those tutus. Maybe we can track one down while I'm visiting? I noticed some killer dresses on the girls. Miss you guys!

Katie's Krazy Klan said...

Looks like a whirlwind of sweets, treats, and gifts!! I bet they are loving every minute of it! Glad they had some good birthdays!