Saturday, March 13, 2010

Princess and the Frog

A couple of weeks ago, the girls and I went out for our first movie. Molly has been to the movies before with Chris's mom, but the was the first time I had taken her. We went to the dollar theater by our house, got some popcorn and lemonade, and I thought things would be beautiful. Claire lasted in her seat until the popcorn was gone, or she was tired of it, I'm not sure which came first. Then she played musical chairs in our row (luckily the theater only had about 10 other people there) which doesn't sound so bad except she kept getting folded up in the seats since she's not heavy enough to weigh them down. Then she dragged her booster off the seat to try to use it as a stepstool to climb over to the next row. The intermission to use the potty only made it worse because she didn't want to go back in. We finally survived through the whole thing, and oddly enough Claire can't stop talking about The Princess and the Frog, which I doubt she saw more than 10 minutes of. Needless to say, she won't be going back to the movies for quite a while.



Afterward we played out by the amphitheater, which was definitely more fun than the movie.


2 comments:

Stacie Aho said...

I'm amazed that Claire is wearing underwear! Seriously awesome.

I hope the movies go better next time you decide to go... that's such a hard age to sit still for 1 1/2 hours.

Summer said...

I still haven't taken Reagan to the movies and do not see it anytime in her future...the girl can't sit still for anything but Caillou, so unless they have a Caillou movie we are out luck (and if they did have a Caillou movie I don't think I got handle him for 1.5 hours)!